[ SHOWGSD-L ] The difference?

  • From: Barbara Galasso <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 12:25:35 -0500

What's the difference between a good one and a great one?  In my opinion
(for what ever that's worth) I don't believe every champion and even
every ROM is a great one.  Again in my opinion, I believe what sets a
great one apart from a good one is his/her capability to reproduce as
good as himself or better still......better than himself and to do this
consistently.  When one views a Stud dog or Brood bitch class at the
National and sees a consistency in overall type, then I think that one
is a great dog.  And then to further this discussion, to see that this
great one's children continue to produce like he/she did.  This tells me
the blood line genetically is bred to produce.  I don't know if every
Great one was a Great show dog or even if it was necessary.  I think
that if he produces great show dogs are more the deciding factor.
JMHO,  Barbara