[ SHOWGSD-L ] The descending point scale

  • From: Penny Kroh <farmdogforever@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: The List <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2015 18:42:13 -0400

It looks as if (on most areas) that the point scale has gone down yet
again. One thing I'm glad about is that the QUALITY of GSDs isn't going
down. <G> I remember long ago (in the late 70s, early 80s) that the
classes were larger and the quality was poorer. There were many GSDs that
were square and others had that ski slope look to them (no fronts.)
Remember? I saw most of these at the all-breed shows, but many of these
types were also exhibited at specialties. I remember that coats were
automatically put at the end of the line. Temperaments were horrendous.
Not so much today. I like NOW better than THEN.

Penny in NC
The Farm Dog Forever
VOTE for Flower Boy: FLO-BO RULES.