[ SHOWGSD-L ] The brag "before" the brag...

  • From: Barbara Galasso <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 19:01:51 -0500

First of all I want to thank PENNY FROM NEW YORK for giving me the name
and number of her vet where she has her dogs x-rayed.  Today I took my
"Amber" (Amber's Strike a Pose) to have her hips and elbows x-rayed.
The doctor was so warm and sat on the floor with my dog and loved her
temperament.  She gave him a big kiss on the face.  She walked in to the
office like she owned the place.  She is so outgoing and she always
makes me so proud of her wonderful disposition.  Then I met his
technician.  Her name was Janice who used to show and breed German
Shepherds, but now just owns them as pets.  She and I talked about some
of the old dogs and dog people and she knew everyone that I mentioned.
She remembered my Xanadu and said she knew my name sounded familiar.
What a lovely person she is.  Anyway on to the brag "before" the brag.
My Amber's x-rays showed she has excellent hips and elbows.  She said
they were perfect, but didn't want to get my hopes up because although
she would classify them as excellent, the OFA might only give them a
good.  She said she has been doing this for over 20 years and never gets
too many excellents on Shepherds.  Anyway, I'll be very happy with a
"good."  Stay tuned.  When I receive the information back, I'll post it
to the list.

Amber's mother is OFA excellent in her hips and good in her elbows
(Debonair's Marie v Ambers - Sel. Amber's Surprize ROM, OFA dtr.).
Amber's father is GV Honky Tonk ROM, OFA.  Amber was bred by Barbara
Amidon and Carol Matheis.

--
Barbara J. Galasso
CHIEFTAINS GERMAN SHEPHERDS