[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The biggest problem is......

  • From: Sandra Kozub <skozub@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 16:50:59 -0500

At 03:45 PM 4/14/2009 -0400, you wrote:
>It is about putting up the best animal that day. \******************
>If a pup is the best dog in the ring on that given day, HE SHOULD  WIN.
>I've seen some breath taking pups that an adult couldn't come close  to
>Arlene

Some years ago I took a very nice pup to a four show weekend.   Actually,
we were trying to help insure a major.
Rowdy (a Norwegian Elkhound) turned 6 months on the day of the first
show.  On the first 3 days, he was
awarded Winners dog (4 points each day).   We pulled him on the fourth day
so the adult dog that took reserve
to Rowdy each day, could get his last major & finish.   We took him out to
3 shows about 3 months later, where
he finished the first two days - he had just barely turned nine
months.   We retired him until he was nearly 3 & then
specialed him - he had a wonderful career (with many BOBs).   I have to
think that these judges that put him up
as a pup felt justified when he grew up.

Sandy

Sandra Kozub
KcK Kennels
http://iweb.tntech.edu/rkozub/kennel.htm