[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The White German Shepherd

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: tanksr@xxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 21:51:08 -0400 (EDT)

This is so scary that our board members (and Fred a judge) keep mixing
apples and oranges,  mixing DQ's w/ faults.....

Here are the DQs we currently have for the love of God:

Disqualifications
Cropped or hanging ears.
Dogs  with noses not predominantly black.
Undershot jaw.
Docked tail.
White  dogs.
Any dog that attempts to bite the judge.

How does a temperament test relate to anything???????  A dog w/  one
testicle is disqualified from the breed ring.  # of missing  teeth??????? A wry
bite??????????????????????????????????

I am STILL beyond disappointed.  Apples and Oranges, and not even a  good
argument.

And posting this faulty argument helps how Ken????

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations  of Dual Titled TC'd Champions

In a message dated 3/13/2012 9:01:54 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
tanksr@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Fred  Migliore posted this on another list. I think he really puts it  in
perspective.
Ken

>As a board member I voted in favor of the  white GSD being eligible to win
our highest awards. Since I have heard from  a few people[often] that it is
up to the board to protect the integrity of  the conformation standard when
handing out performance awards. Now though I  don't agree with that I can
understand where these people are coming from.  Lets take a hard look at it.
Can a dog born with one testicle win that  award? Can a dog with 3 or more
missing teeth a dog with a wry bite a dog  that is undershot or overshot
win?
Can a dog who will herd sheep but  will not pass a temperament test win? I
could go on but I am sure you can  see where I am heading. So now we are
faced with some choices 1 we can have  all dogs checked by a Vet and a
Conformation judge before giving a  performance award 2 Make it easier only
award
performance top honors to  conformation champions. 3 allow any purebred GSD
registered with the AKC to  be eligible. Personaly I am in favor of #3 which
is
where we are right  now.
Respecfully
Fred  Migliore<<

POST  is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the

expressed in any post.