[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The Weird Shedding Problem

  • From: "Anna Myers" <snowyrivergsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 09:22:21 -0600

I awhile ago I mentioned my excessive sheding on my bitch. Her thyroid is
normal and I have started giving her salmon oil on her food. Well as for me
it does seem to help. She has stopped shedding, of course the temps are now
getting down in the 30's. I decided it wasn't the foog. I feed ProPlan and
my dogs have always looked great on it.
I don't know if it is the salmon oil or the temp change or both, I do know
she is starting to get an undercoat.  There are some days she seems to shed
again but not like it has all summer long.  From what I am gathering from
what has been on the list , I am thinking we are in for a cold hard winter.
Quess I better get the kennels and water buckets plugged in sooner than
planned.
This list has been helpful and it was nice to know that I am not alone
experiencing the shedding problem.  Thanks to all for you  posting.
Anna Myers
SnowyriverGSD Utah