[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The Way We Were

  • From: "Kay Reamensnyder" <bedkar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 15:51:39 -0800

I think there is part of this discussion that we have not addressed and that
is
because it is very difficult to recognize and define...............it is
something that
is present in every great athelete, race horse, show dog, etc............it
is a state
of mind.  How many times have you seen a really beautifully structured
animal
that turns out just to be an average mover....and visa/versa, an average
animal
just standing but moves much better than you thought it might.
Imagine the athelete (both animal and man) that has that "heart"...the sense
of
self and the joy of moving combined with great structure and balance.

Maybe the answer to your question, Jim, is that we don't pay enough
attention to the
"heart" of our dogs anymore......I think the old timers had a much better
sense of
that sort of thing than we do today.  I really believe this is an innate
sense...it can not
be taught.

Kay