[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The WDA only exists through the GSDCA

  • From: DestinoGS1@xxxxxxx
  • To: MarcatoGSD@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 17:12:35 EDT

I'm new to the sport (3yrs) and enjoy working with my imports.  Yes, they
love the bitework, but are they aggressive to people; NO.  The sport is about
training.  The bitework is fun for the dogs and uses their natural drive to
interest them in biting BURLAP!!!!! , not people.  While being new to
schutzhund,
I'm old to the show ring (42 yrs) and have many accomplishments in American
dogs.  The working dog people that I have met in the last three years love and
protect their dogs from harm, just as we protect our American dogs.  They are
not brutal.  I never have ,nor ever will,  let anyone abuse my dogs, be they
American or imports.
The various postings to this list from Evan and others is the private
business of Ken Downing , Evan his attorney, and the individuals that have
filed
charges against him.  This is not ethical behavior on the part of Evan to "stir
the pot" of GSDCA members and try to frighten them with an attacking dog  issue
.  It appears that Evan is trying to draw our attention away from the real
issue, the charges.  The charges are not for public knowledge at this time.
Ken
will have the opportunity to defend himself against the charges according to
the By-Laws of the WDA.  I do not know what the charges are, nor are they my
business at this time.  They are the business of the WDA Board of Directors.

Evan mentioned in his post earlier today that he doesn't want to become the
"point man" on this and wishes to only handle the protection of Mr. Downing.
Then why is he posting this to the list???

I think we all should sit back and wait to hear BOTH sides of the story.  Isn
't it amazing that not one person that has filed the charges against Mr.
Downing has posted anything to this list.

Don't let this become an issue between the American bred dog and the Import.
This has nothing to do with the sport of dogs.  It has everything to do with
serving on a Board and the responsibilities associated with the position.

Just My Opinion,

Mary Gattone

 Get a sneak peek of the
all-new AOL at http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tour