[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The WDA only exists through the GSDCA

  • From: cyndy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 12:20:18 -0700

 Lew is on the WDA board, and I'm told did abstain from voting on whether to
throw Ken out of the meeting. I think that was the right thing to do under
the circumstances. Evan Writes: I can't help thinking that any club with
its'basis on attack work might tend to attrack a more aggressive membership.
Before anyone tells me how gentile and controlled the schutzhund dogs are, I
would suggest they look at all the advertisements for the working dog sport,
and tell me how many don't show the bite work? Accepting this aspect of our
sport is new to the AKC. They may have to reconsider it, with the actions
nowtaking place. What is going on with the WDA affects all of us who are
members of the GSDCA. The WDA is not recognized by the AKC, it is a club
thatexists through the GSDCA. What they do reflects on our club, which at
this time needs little to drag down its' reputation. We just went through a
time of events that caused us a lack of respect from the rest of the dog
world. We should think carefully what we would ask our board to do in this
situation. I hope they consider it at the upcoming meeting. I would see this
as the same as if Lew called a special meeting and Gary didn't like the way
it was done, so Gary called one of his own, at his convenience, then voted
toremove Lew from the hearing. This would never happen due to the quality of
our leadership, (Lew and Gary), but it is what happened at the WDA. Lew and
Gary are in the proper position to resolve the situation, and I have faith
inthem, with the rest of our board to stand up and be heard. I don't want to
become the "point man" on this, and therefore I invite anyone who wants the
full story to ask Gary, (who indicated he knows about the charges), or Ken,
(who is involved) to answer further questions. I am going to try to stay out
of it, and just handle the protection of Mr. Downing. I am preparing
litigation against one person on Ken's behalf. I will not sue the club, and
Ihope to be able to protect it. Evan _Asgard German Shepherds_
(http://www.asgardgsd.com/[1]) http://www.asgardgsd.com/[2] Where Type
Movement and Temperament come together
**************************************Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL at
http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tour[3]
theShowgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT
THE FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION OR USE IN ANY MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH
APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE
POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF
LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE PROSECUTED. For assistance,
pleasecontact the List Management at admin@xxxxxxxxxxx[4]. VISIT OUR WEBSITE
- www.showgsd.org[5]

--- Links ---
   1 http://www.asgardgsd.com/