[ SHOWGSD-L ] The WDA only exists through the GSDCA

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: sally@xxxxxxxxxxx, PAGAIRS@xxxxxxx, cyndy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 11:23:58 EDT

In a message dated 7/22/2007 5:16:05 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
sally@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Well  Here we go again- Dog clubs are so much fun

I can't help thinking that any club with its' basis on attack work might
tend to attrack a more aggressive membership.  Before anyone tells me how
gentile and controlled the schutzhund dogs are, I would suggest they look at
all
the advertisements for the working dog sport, and tell me how many don't show
the bite work?  Accepting this aspect of our sport is new to the AKC. They  may
have to reconsider it, with the actions now taking place.

What is going on with the WDA affects all of us who are members of the
GSDCA. The WDA is not recognized by the AKC, it is a club that exists through
the
GSDCA. What they do reflects on our club, which at this time needs little to
drag down its' reputation. We just went through a time of events that caused
us  a lack of respect from the rest of the dog world.  We should think
carefully what we would ask our board to do in this situation. I hope they
consider
it at the upcoming meeting.

I would see this as the same as if Lew called a special meeting and Gary
didn't like the way it was done, so Gary called one of his own, at his
convenience, then voted to remove Lew from the hearing.  This would never
happen due
to the quality of our leadership, (Lew and Gary), but it is what  happened at
the WDA.  Lew and Gary are in the proper position to resolve  the situation,
and I have faith in them, with the rest of our board to stand up  and be heard.

I don't want to become the "point man" on this, and therefore I invite
anyone who wants the full story to ask Gary, (who indicated he knows about the
charges), or Ken, (who is involved) to answer further questions. I am going to
try to stay out of it, and just handle the protection of Mr. Downing.

I am preparing litigation against one person on Ken's behalf.  I will  not
sue the club, and I hope to be able to protect it.

Evan

_Asgard German Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament  come together