[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The WDA only exists through the GSDCA

  • From: tsaligsds@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Falkrigia@xxxxxxx, Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx, ELG440@xxxxxxx, sally@xxxxxxxxxxx, PAGAIRS@xxxxxxx, cyndy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 03:06:56 +0000

I go away for the weekend and look what happens!!! Whew.....  I'm still going
through all the mail but had to comment on this one.  My "aggressive biting
dog" who just HAS to be out of control because he does Schutzhund wandered
through teh crowds and sat at the WDA table most of the week at the St Louis
National where he was mauled by kids, loved on by many, and could have made a
fortune for the WDA if we'd put up a petting and kisses booth sign.  During
this STRESSFUL National he went into the Judge's Education seminar and taught
all the nice new judges how to approach a GSD.  While the seminar was underway
he spotted the Schutzhund demo going on down on the field and also taught them
that what a male GSD sounds like when he REALLY wants to go play with a helper.
 After him having stood for ooooooh 50 plus loose lead exams [and being
insulted by one judge who asked for a real dog to test LOL] they really got a
kick out of watching him TURN ON in the seminar and immediately
 turn o
ff and return to the calm., quiet gentleman they'd seen all day.
If you think schutzhund is only about biting and not about control and sound
temperament ask all the judges who've put Yancy up if he's sound.

Best In Show/ Best in Specialty Show Ch Adelgard's Yancy D von Marquin  ITs HT
PT RA CD TC CGC BH [one RE leg and ready for his Sch 1]. 13 Specialty BOB [2
from the classes], 8 Specialty BOS including BOS at Eukanauba.

Now WHY, you might ask,  do I train in Schutzhund?  Am I an aggerssive person?
Is Yancy an aggressive dog??  We do it because he LIKES it!! LOL     Schutzhund
is about control.  Its about taking what should be a natural behavior
[protection of the owner] and building in a stop.  Its about getting up EARLY
to go track when the dew is still on the ground.  Its about teamwork on the
obedience field.  Its about spending time with my buddy!!!  Could I skip all
the sunrise training sessions in the middle of winter or the hot afternoons
spent SWEATING and watching a helper work in full leather PADDED coveralls in
90 degree weather - OH YOU BETCHA!!  I LOVE my AC and lets face it, I ain't
gettin' any younger or skinnier.  But on training mornings when that big head
knocks me out of bed, and those big feet curled into cat claws rip the covers
off the bed, and that big voice announces to all the world that its time to GET
UP and GO PLAY..... What can I do but head for the field.....

--
Suzanne Kinman
www.tsalishepherds.com

From: Falkrigia@xxxxxxx