[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The WDA only exists through the GSDCA

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: Falkrigia@xxxxxxx, Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx, ELG440@xxxxxxx, sally@xxxxxxxxxxx, PAGAIRS@xxxxxxx, cyndy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 21:55:23 EDT

In a message dated 7/22/2007 9:41:41 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
Falkrigia@xxxxxxx writes:
Please  let's not turn the problems of the WDA into a witch hunt against the
Working Dog Sport or Schutzhund. The GSDCA just went through a horrible  time
when everyone on the outside was throwing rocks  - figuratively  - at us, our
dogs, our breeding programs and our sport.  It wasn't  pleasant for anyone.

lynda

This I have to agree with.  Both Lindas (Workman and Booker) have  posted
very intelligent information about the working dogs.

What we need to remember is that personality issues CANNOT in any way  become
the fault of the dogs. And hopefully the sport wont suffer due to a few
cases of excessive testosterone.

I love a good Schutzhund dog, and love to watch the trials.  I don't  bash
them, whether they are german bred or american (yes, they can and do "do  it").

It is a sport.

Unfortunately, sometimes the dogs have better temperament than the
owners.....<G>

Ileana