[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The WDA only exists through the GSDCA

  • From: Falkrigia@xxxxxxx
  • To: Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx, ELG440@xxxxxxx, sally@xxxxxxxxxxx, PAGAIRS@xxxxxxx, cyndy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 21:19:22 EDT

My german/american male currently in training for Schutzhund is also my demo
dog for the volunteer obedience and social skills classes I do for the local
rescue group fosters and adopters weekly. We typically have 12 to 20 dogs and
15 to 25 people there each evening including kids.
My dog, who does take a hard, full bite on the field, works off-lead,
socializes and stays off-lead on 'down-stays' in the midst of all of this
unless he's
called on to demonstrate an exercise. He has never exhibited aggression
towards anyone - dog or human - during any of the classes. He's even had
'foster
dogs' climb over him by accident and just looked like 'Oh Mom, pulleeeze!'

Suzanne Kinman's gorgeous Champion Yancy who also has a myriad of titles in
herdng, obedience ,rally and whatever is great on the Schutzhund field and is
one of the most gentlemanly dogs you could ever ask to meet.

Please let's not turn the problems of the WDA into a witch hunt against the
Working Dog Sport or Schutzhund. The GSDCA just went through a horrible time
when everyone on the outside was throwing rocks  - figuratively - at us, our
dogs, our breeding programs and our sport.
It wasn't pleasant for anyone.

Let's just let them deal with this.
Evan, please try not to stir things up. We know you are representing Ken
Downing. Perhaps it is more appropriate for you not to comment on the case at
all?

lynda

Check out our websites for constantly updated info and pictures
www.falkrigiashepherds.com
www.thecraftywoodchuck.com

 Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL at