[ SHOWGSD-L ] The Standard....and you as members

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wynsum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "The List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <sallyhayden5@xxxxxxxxx>, <Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 10:59:17 -0700

'Communicate'?    Quite a few of us made a lot of noise about whites qualifying
for
the Obedience or Herding Gr. Victrix or Victor........letters,
petitions........ and it made
no difference!
Some of us did speak to Nadine on the 'coat issue'.....and we are so grateful
for her vote!

Regarding the whites separation......almost every breeder I know would LIKE it
to happen!
The "strong objection"  came from this List at that time.....no letters or
petitions.....

There are times you just hope common sense.......AND THE STANDARD  would
prevail.....

Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com

On Jun 29, 2012, at 11:06 AM, Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx wrote:

> This is a good point Zoe and I have never understand why people don't at
> least try to have a voice.
>
> Think back......just over a year ago it was decided to not have the
> national in Dec and move it to Purina Farms.  Many got on the band wagon
> about
> that and wrote, petitioned etc...........vote overturned....national in
> Denver
>
> Then it was voted to write AKC to allow whites to form their own  breed.
> Strong objection.....overturned.
>
> If you are passionate about something beating it down on the list doesn't
> get you there.
>
> There are instances that I just know when they are brought up they are  >
> going to
  go through...guess you have to pick your battles.
  > After the allowance of dogs with disqualifying faults to win the top PC
awards was
  passed, even I threw the towel in and thought this was  hopeless.
  > Train on the track is going until it crashes and it  undoubtedly is.
  >
  > I hear too many board members who bring their thoughts only to the  >
table.........
  because that is what they believe.  The board is SUPPOSE to  be about  the
   members and their wishes.
  > I commend Nadine for talking to people at shows and getting the pulse of
  > what they feel, and to Zoe for paying attention to those that wrote her.
  >
  > Myself, I told a couple of board members how I felt and told the president
> I objected
  to the class.
  > Jimmy did say in the meeting why waste time discussing this issue, it was
  > going to pass anyway.
  > With this attitude, no reason board meetings can't be cut down to 30
  > minutes a month and just stop wasting  our