[ SHOWGSD-L ] The Standard part two

  • From: "Doc Zoe" <wynsum@xxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2013 09:29:39 -0400
On 11 Aug 2013, at 7:49, Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx wrote:

u saw the info from the board meeting Sue.  Per the
board's decision/vote the only thing you will get to vote on is a standard
 change removing the DQ for white and making it a very serious fault.
That's it, nothing more.  Your opinion (my opinion etc.) wasn't asked re
removing the fault altogether or letting them form a separate breed.  The
AKC no longer offers the possibility of varieties so that option was never
on  the table.

<reply>

There are three white groups - only one of them wants to leave.  Our AKC rep
said that since
they were still a GSD, they cannot leave. A GSD is a GSD.

You get to offer your opinion by voting on the change.  We cannot change our
standard without a
2/3 vote by the membership. In April the Board voted to form an ad hoc
committee to review the
subject. THIS WAS IN THE MINUTES AND THE membership had ample time to express
an
opinion to the committee.  There was nothinbg hidden from the membership. In
July, the Board
was presented with the committees recommendation and followed the rules -
present to the
AKC for approal Before presenting to the membership.

This $36 membership was not done just for the whites - it was done to get
people from all walks
of the breed - pets, performance etc - to join the club

IMNSHO, the subject has already been over discussed.

You cannot legislate morality.