[ SHOWGSD-L ] The Spirit of Dog People

  • From: "RivendellP" <rivendellp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Showgsd-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 10:19:28 -0700

I've been reading the posts about the loss of our friend John DeHope and about
the impending hurricane approaching New Orleans...not really good news on any
angle...but...
One thing I sense as I read is the true empathy and compassion for a friend
lost...the true aid and assistance that is being offered to those who need help
with their dogs during the storm. That lifts my own spirit as I mourn and wish
Mother Nature would take a day off.

I don't know that it would be different if we were not dog people...but somehow
I see so many of you as a "Cut Above" from others. I see a genuineness of
compassion and understanding in dog people...German shepherd people to be real
specific...that I don't see in day to day interaction with the public. I
suppose and hope that is something we have learned from our dogs. I pray that I
am a better person for their association.

15 years ago when we bought the kennel...God offered me the opportunity to play
with dogs all day and get paid for it. I had already known the joy of our own
dogs through showing...but this was a new start. I took off the 3 piece suit
and donned shorts and sandals instead. It was great and I never tire of
thanking all who have made this a dream come true for me.

I know how wonderful it is to know you all...and I know that our dogs are
responsible for this great opportunity.

Dog people have such wonderful spirits...and now John's is riding high in the
Heavens with Reno and the rest.

Paul

Visit Rivendell on 'da web' at www.rivendellgsd.com