[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The Silent Scream of the Asparagus

  • From: Barbara Hahn <bhahn0616@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bnbgsds2000@xxxxxxxxx, List <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Paula Cooke <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 18:08:18 -0700 (PDT)

Sheila says we can't eat nuts either. Who's gonna be alive to stop the released
into the wild horses, cattle and sheep from eating the plants and causing them
pain? And what about the wolves?
Barb

Robert Neiman <bnbgsds2000@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: Have you 3 ladies lost it. Nuts
having feeling the only nut that has feelings is the one from Ca..
  Bob
Barbara Hahn  wrote:
  I think we can still eat nuts unless the potential for life for a tree
over-rides lack of starvation for us.
Barb

sheila lieberman wrote: I can't believe it took till now for some fool to come
up with this. I was on this years ago, when vegetarism was getting a boost in
the 80's. Animal rights, plant rights, and we should just stop eating all
together.
sheila
"pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx"
wrote:
I agree..I have actually heard them scream, and let me tell you, it is N=
OT a pretty sound; one can have nightmares for years and years afterward=
s.

I have always been opposed to hot water and soap. Bacteria and fungi ha=
ve feelings, too, and SHOULD have equal rights to life, liberty, and the=
pursuit of happiness. I think it is in the Bible and/or the Koran...or=
maybe it is the Magna Carta. I get confused.

Paula, 181 days and counting

From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 18:57:29 EDT
Subject: Fwd: The Silent Scream of the Asparagus -- OT

Begin forwarded message:

The Silent Scream of the Asparagus

Mon May=A05,=A02008 2:19=A0pm (PDT)

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/015/065njd=
oe.asp

http://tinyurl.com/4aftnv

The Silent Scream of the Asparagus
Get ready for 'plant rights.'
by Wesley J. Smith
05/12/2008, Volume 013, Issue 33

You just knew it was coming: At the request of the Swiss government, an
ethics panel has weighed in on the "dignity" of plants and opined that
the arbitrary killing of flora is morally wrong. This is no hoax. The
concept of what could be called "plant rights" is being seriously debate=
d.

A few years ago the Swiss added to their national constitution a
provision requiring "account to be taken of the dignity of creation when=

handling animals, plants and other organisms." No one knew exactly what
it meant, so they asked the Swiss Federal Ethics Committee on Non-Human
Biotechnology to figure it out. The resulting report, "The Dignity of
Living Beings with Regard to Plants," is enough to short circuit the
brain....

Bob Neiman
Breeder/owner of B'N'B-Barkalot's Cherish, RN