[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The Revolving Door:  State of the Union

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 12:01:00 EST

Admittedly I haven't been around dogs as long as y'all, but In the 12 years
that I've been in the breed, and 4 litters, no hip problems, no elbow problems,
no bad hearts, for sure no conception problems, and I did get one pup with
mega, and have 1 from that litter with probably slight immune problems.  (No, I
did not breed anymore from that line, nor would I have)  I echo Ed in that I
don't know if the breed is in trouble or not, but as far as MY personal
involvement with this breed......I have not had the problems.  knock on wood.
Stormy

In a message dated 12/17/05 7:42:16 AM, edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Penny!...before I got into show dogs 10 years ago I had protection/working
> German Shepherds...must have breed over 30 litters, I never had the problems
> that seem to be around in this breed today...I did get hip problems, but
> never a bad elbow , or mega esophagus, or bad hearts, or conception
> problems...I
> don't know if the breed is in trouble or not, but as far a my personal
> involvement with this breed...things sure ain't what they used to be..( maybe
> its
> the RAW diet...lol).....Ed Hill
> Penny & Bill <Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:   I love All-Rounder Shows. I love
> Specialty Shows. Heck, I love dog shows! BUT...
> in the last 10 years, I have bought dogs with heart problems, temperament
> problems, hip and elbow problems, one that died of toxic gut (when I didn't
> know what toxic gut was), dogs that bloated. These dogs were all different
> blood
> lines.

Stormy Hope
www.FairhopeGSD.com