[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The Real Shame Here

  • From: Kris Kudel <vomkristallaugen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Arcturus <Arcturus@xxxxxxxxxxx>, thelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 07:27:47 -0600 (CST)

=====================
From: Arcturus <Arcturus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 2007/01/31 Wed AM 07:11:06 CST
To: thelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The Real Shame Here

"Where do all the dogs come from"  Oak asks?  A few years ago the AKC put out a
report on large volume dealers and that was one of the questions that was
addressed.  They ( AKC) felt the biggest problem was backyard breeders. Not the
show people, who as you say, are generally the most conscientious,  but the Mom
and Pop backyard operations that are producing 5 to 10 litters a year. Which
come to think of it,  maybe that is why the AKC supported the paws bill?  The
report also spoke on people who started out as good breeders, but then became
old, or sick and ended up as collectors contributing to the problem.  SueT

 But where do these BYB get the dogs to breed? Who sells them to them on a Full
registration?   I own a black Labrador, and yes he was from a BYB (not enough
research on my part........but I can honestly say...while not promoting BYB in
anyway...I wouldn't exchange him for the world..) anyway...he came with a FULL
registration. He is on the smaller side, dentition bad.... Let's just say the
conformation folks would have a good laugh.  Point being...I could have studded
him out and made a couple bucks....... and that's what all these BYB are
doing......It all starts in the Pet stores when they come with full
registration, then the BYB don't care if they're bred or not (what's limited
reg??? duh)and that's where the millions are ending up in bad conditions,
shelters and with people who just don't give a darn,

BTW.... Yes...the Lab is neutered

Kris Kudel
Kamelot
Shepherds      UPDATED http://mysite.verizon.net/krisbob1/