[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The Real Reasons for the Board's Actions About the Standard...

  • From: Shepherds4us@xxxxxxx
  • To: walflwr2@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 11:00:10 -0400 (EDT)

Bravo to a very competent and hard working board.

" Seek first to understand then be understood."

Todd,Joanie,Josh,Frank & Roberta Vigor
Tonor German  Shepherds
RBIF Ch. Tonor's Under Siege OFA aka  "CASEY"
Sunnydae Ivy v Tonor, OFA
Tonor's Shayna  Punim
Winsome's Lady Antebearum
Ch. Ken-Delaine's Buddie v  Fran-Jo, TC, OFA ( Waiting at the Rainbow
Bridge).
"When  Love and Skill Come Together, Expect A Masterpiece"

In a message dated 7/28/2013 9:08:25 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
walflwr2@xxxxxxx writes:

On Jul  27, 2013, at 11:31 PM, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Msg: #10 in  digest
> From: "Liane Fossland" <lfossland@xxxxxxx>
>  Subject: Re: QUESTION? motion relifed
> Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2013 21:30:35  -0700
>
> Has this whole world gone crazy. What are we, the  members, chopped liver?
> Lee F.

The Board has NOT voted to  change the standard.  All the Board has done
was to come to an agreement  to the proposed word of possible changes to two
areas of the standard.   Once the board agrees on the wording, it is sent to
the AKC for approval of  the language.  This does not mean it is
automatically changed at the AKC  but it is then sent to the membership for a
vote.
There is no point of  sending it to the membership for a vote if when spend
the money for a vote by  the membership only to have the whole thing returned
to us for wording  changes.

What the board enacted yesterday WAS to be able to get the  these proposed
changes before the membership for a vote.  If you are  against these changes
it is certainly your right (and duty) to vote no, but do  not accuse this
board of trying to sneak something past, or to subvert the  membership.  What
we went through was for the exact opposite.  We  wanted to follow the
proper steps to assure the membership has the ability to  vote on this subject.

The first motion was defeated because many  of the board members were
confused about the motion and voted against it  thinking they were then sending
to the membership for vote.  This was  immediately clarified and the motion
put forward for reconsideration.   This time it passed and now the proposed
changes CAN be put before the  membership for vote.

After hours of conversations, arguments and heated  differences of opinion
in order to get this before the membership, it is very  disheartening to
read post after post vilifying us for basically trying to do  exactly what many
of you are saying we should do.....get it before the  membership for the
vote!

Many who are now criticizing are basing their  opinions on conversations
that have been relayed to them 2nd hand, without  ever hear to meeting first
hand.  If someone feels this passionately  about the subject, they had the
opportunity to be on the conference call,  listening to the reasoning.

If you have any questions about what  transpired, please feel free to
contact me.  I always try to be available  to the membership.

Lanalee  Jorgensen

POST  is Copyrighted 2012.  All material remains the property of the

expressed in any post.