[ SHOWGSD-L ] The PET GESTAPO IS HERE..GOD SAVE US ALL

  • From: "Ellen Penington" <epeningt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ELG440@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 20:19:02 -0700

Well, it is even worse than I first thought.  If the ARers get their way,
they will push through a city ordinance that effectively bans the breeding
of ANY animal in the city limits.  While they made concessions and it
appeared that breeders would be able to purchase a breeding permit good for
two litters a year  via the animal control ordinance ..the ARers backdoored
a change to the Zoning laws redefining a "kennel" from 5 or more dogs to
"anyone who breeds or sells any type of animal"  The zoning laws for Kennels
are so strict that NO ONE will qualify for a Kennel permit.  That change has
not passed yet and at my personal expense (I know of no one else fighting
this, there are no functional breed or all-breed clubs in this city) I took
out an ad in the classified section of the newspaper under "dogs for sale"
That says "The city of El Paso may ban the breeding and sale of any type of
animal in the city limits.  Protect your rights.  Contact your city rep
today."  I expect to get some significant fall out from this.  It appears
the ARers started maneuveing at least two to three years ago to get these
changes made.  I have also e-mailed every city representative and the mayor
trying to get them to understand what is going on and I have had some good
success.
I am currently 3 dogs over the city limit.  I expect the ARers to hit me
there. Help.  If anyone knows of a good home for two pet bitches I would be
willing to place them if the home was good.  I was going to wait until they
had their first season, spay them, and then sell them.  Well, one is in
season now, so that is not going to work.  I'm afraid that if the going gets
dirty and they find me over the limit they will take them all away.  Even if
someone could take two and sell them to good homes I would give them up
rather that risk animal control (who is now controlled by the ARers) taking
them.

Ellen Penington
El Dorado German Shepherds
www.eldoradogsd.com