[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The ONLY way to look at it...

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'showgsd'" <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <rautt75@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 18:41:52 -0800

Sorry for the weird sentence  in the first post.   Hit send before done...

Most of our pet puppies from our litters are not AKC Reg. either.   Just can't
get some owners to
care.   They want an outstanding puppy....all the History, and guarantees and
information...but
often do not bother with the AKC paperwork.    These are great owners that do
their research and
homework  because they want a  "good quality"  GSD that is sound and looks like
their 'vision and
acts like an intelligent German Shepherd Dog.    They want 'the look' and
stability of the Breed
behind them....and they are always thrilled with how the general public
recognizes them as
"the most beautiful GSD"  they've ever seen.   It is not the AKC Reg. that
makes the quality.
We all know our Breed looks nothing like it did in the '30's'     That is
mainly because of our
conformation breeders and competing...whether HERE or in any other Country.   I
did not mean
the breed would  "disappear"....I mean we will lose the GSD as we know it now.
 Take
conformation out in ANY Country and the Breed as we know it will cease to
exist.
AND it won't take long!   All those 1920 genes are still there....waiting to
surface again...

Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com

From: edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx] To:
marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; rautt75@xxxxxxxxx
Subject:  Re: The ONLY way to look at it...or correctamundo!

Two points here, first it ain't the easiest thing in the world to get a puppy
from a conformation breeder for several reasons ( and that's okay) and point
number two, the overwhelming number of folks who breed and sell GSDs are NOT
involved in conformation! Yes I agree that most of these GSDs don't look
exactly like "our" dogs look, but make no mistake about it! They ARE GSDs, and
when and if conformation folks stop breeding dogs the GSD will continue!
Remember our Dog is number 2 in registrations, and that does not include the
thousands of GSDs ( like my son's dog) that aren't registered! Years ago when I
trained dogs with the San Jose Police k-9s ,of the 8 or 9 dogs on the force at
the time only one was AKC registered! And none were show quality! Our dog is
popular in several countries around the world! Our dog is BiGGER than us! You
all can believe what you want but this great breed is NOT going anywhere,
regardless of whether or not we keep breeding conformation dogs Ed Hill

Sent from Xfinity Connect Mobile App