[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The National, period

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 14:26:19 EST

In a message dated 1/24/2005 8:03:27 A.M. Central Standard Time,
skozub@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
When I  voted for an East / Central / West / Central,  I was NOT voting for  a
COASTAL location, whether it is relatively close or very far  away.

I am truly having a problem with this feeling from some.  It is  not just you
Sandra, and believe me, I am not making this personal.  The  membership
survey wanted the rotation basis and divided the country to 3 zones,  but did
not
say anthing about excluding 1/2 the states in each zone because they  are
coastal.  Most of the eastern states have some coast.  There are  few members
in
Mexico, everything near Mexico out?  Whoops, there goes  Calif, Ariz, New Mex
and Texas.
We have 4 gone.  Now there is the gulf....off goes again Tex,
Louisiana,Alab, Miss, Fla..add 4 more.  Pacific---back to Calif, Oreg,  Wash.
Add 2 more -
we have now eliminated 10 states. Of course  we have to throw out Alaska and
Hawaii - 12 out of the way.  Now east  - Fla, Georg, S Carol, N Carol, Virg,
Dela, NJ, RI, Pa, NY, Mass, Maine, Conn  and NH. - There goes 13 more.   I
remember someone back in the summer  saying it also should not be to any
borders
with other countries, so lets  through in Canada....they sure do not bump the
entries much.  So now we can  add Wash, Mont, N Dakota, Minn, Wisc, Mi, Ohio,
NY, PA, Vt, NH, Maine.
Now count them up.....you have eliminated as not practical  32  states.  Last
I looked it was  not the GSDC of 18 states, it was of  America.  INCLUSIVE!
Your top 5 states for membership are California,  Florida, New York,
Pennsylvania and Texas.  Not one of them should have a  national according to
the
wishes of some.  Even if entries go down some  from region to region, we are
not
going to fold.   Yes, a dog show is  about the dogs and as some say without
them
there is no show.  But without  the people you do not have the dogs...

There was a question on that survey about having it central year after  year,
it was voted down.  It is not what the membership wants.

Again as I have stated before, I am going to go to wherever the national  is.
  It is my personal problem how I work it out to get there,  how many dogs,
people etc I can take.  I do not think negative about the  national - it is the
yearly climax of all things show related.  Would not  miss it for the world
wherever it is if it is at all possible.  And I  certainly wouldn't try to
trash any club/region that wants to work hard and help  the PC take it on.

Molly    Trillia GSD's