[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The National from the Newbie Perspective (2 Newbies!)

  • From: Patricia Evans <patsgsdpups@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: juel@xxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 09:17:02 -0700 (PDT)

It was my second National, first National to show a dog.  Thank you Mo Murkland
for sharing #12 Sel. Ch. Konigin's Phantom of the Opera (aka Spunky) with me!
 Judy, you are absolutely correct.  Everyone is willing to help and support us
newbies!  I got to help out at the Lister Party - that was my contribution.  I
also got to hug Flower Boy, twice!  Once for myself, and one time for Sheila
Liberman (per her request).

  Saturday, I really didn't get to see the show, I was so busy with Spunky and
getting him ready for the ring.  When he was in the ring, I was so focused on
him, and doubling him, that I didn't see the other dogs.  Can't wait till I get
the video!!!

  Ed Barrett did a super job!  Thank you Bart and Cindy Bartley.  Ross Farrell
and Kori did a great job in the ring, and getting Spunky ready for the ring.
Peggy Douglas, THANK YOU.  You had to double handle me, and make sure I was in
the right place, at the right time.  Evan-I read your blog regarding the
Winner's Dogs a couple of nights ago.  Thank you.  I got to "see" the event.  I
had tears running down my face, with the wonder of it all!  Lew and Nancy
Nellis, great job on the National.  Most of all, thank you Mo Murkland for
sharing a very special dog with me!  Spunky has excelled at everything he has
done.  Not only is he great in the ring, but you ought to see him doing his
Therapy Work!

  Thank you to everyone who contributed - even if I blew it and didn't name you!

  Pat Evans
juel <juel@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Well I am finally settling in and wanted to take the time to post on my
experience at the National - my first official one.

I went with the expectation of meeting many people, letting them get to know
me, watching some great dogs and learning lots while having fun! (And of
course going into the Mountains!)

Well, I did all that!

Pixel completed her Herding Instinct Certificate with great comments from
the judges. I did not have to bring home a sheep on my trip, was worried if
it'd fit! *grin*

She almost Q'd her first excellent run in agility - we had just bumped up to
excellent. (If she can get her Excellent title, I do believe she will
qualify for the PAM award?) But that level requires a PERFECT run and her
NOSE got her in trouble and earned the NQ - she had to stop and smell what
the wind brought her just as she was supposed to enter the weaves.
OOPS...can we say REFUSAL? Oh well, we had fun. Second day, she was the
victim of the wind. She took a horrible fall which I thought would end her
show career at the very least, if not cripple her for life. Well she is one
tough bitch - she is totally fine. All X-rays are normal and she shows no
symptoms of anything! God answered this girl's prayers! Wanted to make
Pixel's name known - just not this way! LOL!

So the rest of the week I got to be a spectator. Took the initiative (I
believe us newbies have that responsibility too and not to just reply on
others knowing we are newbies...) and introduced myself to many (I am sure I
may forgot to list everyone - forgive this overwhelmed brain!!!) Got to meet
the infamous Flower Boy - got a chuckle when I heard his booming laugh and
for some reason before I even saw him that it had to be him! Met Evan
again -- great Blog Evan - kudos for all your hard work!!! Got to finally
meet Carolyn Martello, without her I would not have my Pixel! Will have to
wait until next year to meet Sandy Bruner who's also responsible for my
Pixel....met Carolyn McKenna again. Thank you for taking me under your wing
here and there and introducing me! Terry Cochran, love your photography! And
thanks for the beautiful picture! Judi Bendt - what a pleasure! John (thanks
so much for your answering all of my questions! And making me smile!), Molly
(hope you are feeling better!!) and Char.....and who can forget Duane
Sibley? You're going places big guy! Cyndy Davis - you had so much on your
plate! Work, work work and no time to play! We'll chat more and next time
put me to work! Lew, Nicky, Julie -- Thanks so much for all your help with
Pixel! Give Yankee a hug for me! Bill and Susie from Kansas -- are you guys
on this list? Contact me! And I got to chat with others I have met before
too! So many people to meet, so little time!

Thank you to everyone who worked to make this a memorable first time for me!
I may be new and don't know all the ins and outs that went on at the
National, but I thought it went well and I know how much hard work it is!
Hats off to all of you!

Judy and Pixel
UKC GR. CH/IABCA Int'l CH. Samuri's Pixel Perfect, TC, RN, CD, NA, NAJ, OA,
HIC - multiple BIS, Groups, and now OFA CHIC! More to come! Stay tuned!
Herding and Tracking on the agenda next!
www.freewebs.com/samurispixelperfect/
www.crazy-dog-lady.com

http://mail.yahoo.com