[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The National--- Showcase or Not

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx, tanbarkgsd@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 17:19:42 -0400 (EDT)

Perhaps if something was presented to the board it might help.  I have
spoken to 3 board members who know nothing about this proposal..other than what
 they have read on the list.

If there is someone out there who will sign something to agree to cover all
 costs in writing to the board, and present it as such, and the sod is a
decent  sod (there are many types and several are unsuitable to our needs) and
the SHOW  CHAIR is aware of this and can look at it and approve it, then
have at it.

But all board members need to know what is going on....and have something
firm to make decisions on.  There are more than 2 or 3 people on this
board.........

Molly

In a message dated 9/15/2011 2:22:26 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx writes:
The  reason I am addressing this is to say that there is still time to
correct  this and get sod in the arena, WITH NO COST to the club.  The sod,
installation, and then final removal has all been taken care  of.  When I heard
this I figured this was a no brainer, the board  would jump on this, no
cost to the treasury and the ability to insure that our  National is what it
always has been, the premier show of the year with dogs on  grass, the way
they should be shown.  (I do believe the P & P does  state that the ring
surface is sod, Zoe I'm sure can quote quickly word  for word what it states)
But
to my understanding, the Show Chair and the  President have not acted upon
this, and now time is getting  critical.