[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The National--- Showcase or Not

  • From: BAERENTATZE312@xxxxxxx
  • To: tanbarkgsd@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 21:24:01 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 9/15/11 4:41:43 PM, tanbarkgsd@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> OK, I do agree the membership should be aware of things, but some if not
> most are not even aware of what the surface is.  There was nothing
> officially put out, I'm sure many are assuming IT IS sod, like in most years
> with
> the exception of 3 or 4 Nationals, where it was officially notified there
> would be no sod.  Dirt is one thing, not the best, but not bad.  AstroTurf is
> totally new to the "National", it has NEVER been done prior to this year
> in the conformation ring.  I also think those that actually are exhibiting a
> dog or are running on this have a much bigger concern than the general
> membership.  AND, since it will not cost anything, it seems like such a mute
> point.
>
> I am quite baffled that people are not happy about this news.  Instead,
> they want to come up with reasons why NOT to accept this.  Not sure which
> board members you are speaking with, I guess the show chair and the president
> are not keeping the board in the loop, they both certainly know about
> this.  So, if there are board members that don't know, it is not up to the
> membership to inform them, it is up to the President to do so.
>
> Chris

Chris,
You post with reason and common sense. Thank you. Sadly it appears that
COMMUNICATION within this club is still a very big issue.   If its not
communication, then I we can only surmise where the impasse lies.   Why we as a
club
would refuse an anonymous donation that improves the all around national
experience without the hardship of additional fiscal pain is a big question
mark to me. The membership can only do so much by sending their communications
to the board.   I believe it was Truman's desk that had a sign "The Buck
Stops Here!"
Regards.
Pat