[ SHOWGSD-L ] The "Nascar" GSD's - Gaiting vs Racing

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 17:20:12 EST

On reading posts today my Morton, Kathaleen, and Christine, it is clear
that there is an understanding of what the fancy needs to be on the lookout
for  regarding gait.   If anyone cant understand the explanations given  here,
I suggest you study a little harder before falling in love with the
"Nascar" GSD's.

It amazes me how many people talk about correct gait, but clap for and
promote the "Nascar" GSD's.  The concept of suspension is lost.  And  it seems
that also lost is the standard description of covering the most amount  of
ground with the least amount of steps.

Then you throw in dogs that have, because of their built, a strong AND
correct gait, with lots of power, and you really lose some people.

Some promote the fact that their dogs are athletics.  So are  greyhounds.
Lets not lose focus.

Ileana