[ SHOWGSD-L ] The "List" and The "Board"...long

  • From: Edwin Hill <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 07:27:00 -0700 (PDT)

   I enjoyed my second trip in two weeks  to Utah very much, this time was much
more relaxing...I got to speak and meet a few board members that I had never
met before...Bart asked me if I had a knife.( I had just got off an airplane,
what the hell would I be doing with a knife..lol)...I confirmed that Rita
withdrew the restraining order keeping me 1000 yards away from her at all
times..Joan Fox and I talked about lap dances at the break...no truth to the
rumor that Dania and I are expecting a baby although during the meeting one
board member became a grand parent ( that was a nice moment during the
meeting)...our president is extremely funny...if I ever get into a fight with
the devil I want Gail Hardcastle on my side...Gary S. should never be allowed
to leave Chicago with out Patty...I met Sue our Review editor, what a nice
lady...Carolyn and I are supposed to be breeding our dogs, so why were we in
Utah?....Kris showed me pictures of some nice older pups that she refused
 to sell me...women love to get me excited...Nanci Nellis told everyone that
this was going to truly be a great Victory Dinner with a band and other
surprises ( Rita is going to jump out of a cake or something or maybe it'll be
Evan, or maybe Tish)....all kidding aside if you get an opportunity to attend a
board meeting and this was my third, these people work extremely hard, all our
board members are extremely articulate and dedicated to do the job they were
elected to do, agree or disagree with them ,they deserve our appreciation and
respect....as for board members being forbidden to speak on this or any other
list, well I don't have any information confirming that, but I did speak to one
board member who re-affirmed three things... first the List is not a part of
the GSDCA and second there are folks on this list who are NOT CLUB
MEMBERS...and third many times topics and information spoken about on the list
gets twisted, misinterpreted...all three points well
 taken....ending this long post The Board is now considering having it's own
GSDCA "list" for club members only...If you can come to the National in Utah in
2010 please do, you won't regret it....FB