[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The "L" Pattern - Elizabeth, Melissa, Judges?

  • From: Barb Hahn <ccceditor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: utter227@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, kmc@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 11:43:25 -0800 (PST)

The L pattern and T pattern are traditional obedience
patterns. The L in Novice and Open and the T in
Utility to place the dog in the center of the ring for
the signal exercises. I haven't shown in obedience in
a long time and I was not happily surprised to find
myself doing the T pattern in Novice B.

At no time should the dog be on the handler's right
side. It's a bad thing. You lose points, but usually
the judge won't NQ you in the Novice classes, but it's
not a pretty score.

4-H Junior showmanship teaches an L and T pattern
also. There the idea of changing hands and keeping the
dog between the handler and judge is VERY important.
Putting the handler between the judge and dog is a bad
thing there. And the judges move the kids down the
line for not switching.

Barb

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail