[ SHOWGSD-L ] The Holidays

  • From: "Liane Fossland" <lfossland@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Show GSD List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 13:52:30 -0700

With my mom long gone I still remember this day as today is her birthday. We
would always celebrate it early in the afternoon and then continue with the
New Year?s celebration. She would always say: I wish I was born a day later
so that I could be a year younger. I still miss her a lot.
I was away from the list for a while to celebrate Christmas with all of my
kids (all over 40 years old) and their families. It was great.

My dogs had plenty of time for socializing, they loved everyone and they all
loved them, even the son who didn?t like dogs.

Getting back to the list made me realize that I did not miss too much. The
$45.- championship certificate caught my eye. The thought occurred to me how
much money I could safe, but where is the fun and excitement?

My 10 ½ year old just recently got a rabies shot and she is just fine
although I have decided this should be her last.

Saddam Hussein is gone and that is good. I do not believe that this man was
our greatest enemy, unfortunately there are many more who wish to do us
harm.

Gerald Ford was a good man and well liked by the public and so was James
Brown.

This said, it brings me back to the present. It will be a quiet welcoming of
the New Year. I hope that everyone?s dreams come true and, yes, we all want
to see purple ribbons this coming year.

I WANT TO WISH EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU A BLESSED 2007, STAY HEALTHY, LOVE
ONE ANOTHER, AND I HOPE TO SEE MOST OF YOU AT A DOG SHOW SOON BECAUSE THAT?S
WHERE I?LL BE.

LEE