[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The Great Colorado Sheep Goat and Duck Drive

  • From: Stormy Hope <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • To: TerraNorte@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 13:25:15 -0700

I would love to have attended even if I didn't have a dog!   It
sounded as if it was a great time, a lot of education and great
camaraderie.

Stormy

On Jul 19, 2011, at 7:24 AM, TerraNorte@xxxxxxx wrote:

For the second year, I have played hostess to an expanding group of
friends, fellow exhibitors, esteemed judges and outlaws. For 7 days
we swapped
stories, told jokes, laughed hard, ate like truck drivers,  sweated
bullets
and worked our dogs on sheep, goats, and ducks.

During the week we offered classes for all levels of herding, from
introductory classes, to fundamentals and on to A course, B course,
and C  course
work  - making the most of a faculty consisting of 12 highly
experienced AKC
& AHBA Herding Judges. We offered AKC  instinct testing on Monday night,
and AHBA trial on Wednesday night and our  second annual AKC C course
trial
and tests on the weekend.

I am very proud to announce that at the end of it all - several Terra
Norte' dogs earned legs and new titles. These include a new PT  title
for Terra
Norte's Tulsa Time "Tulsa" ( CH Kenlyn's Big Shot v  Sunfarms, ROM x CH
Windwalker-Terra Norte's Festina). The big sable dog - CH  Terra
Norte's Time
Traveler, HSAs HRDIs HTADIs TC "Owen" (CH Hickory HIll's  Excalibur,
PT x CH
Windwalker-Terra Norte's Festina) got a 2nd C  course started leg and
RHIT.
Then to top things off my everyday stock  dog  - Terra Norte's Midnight
Serenade, HSAs HRDIs "Norah" (CH Terra  Norte-Windwalker's Tag Heuer,
PT x
Xajay's Sorcha of Terra Norte) finished her  Herding Ranch Dog level 2
(HRDsII)
title in the middle of the week and  picked up her first C course
started leg
and went High in Trial  on Sunday under judge Roy Sage. Norah also
earned 2
legs towards her A course Intermediate sheep title over the past few
weeks
prior to the symposium.

For those of you interested in herding - I hope you will put July 9 -
15,
2012 on your calendar and join us for next years Great Colorado Sheep
Goat
and Duck Drive........

~ Val Manning
   Terra Norte' GSD
   Rancho Terra Norte'
   Wellington, CO
   _www.ranchoterranorte.com_ (http://www.ranchoterranorte.com)

=
=
=
=
POST is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the
original author and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or
FORWARDS of any kind are permitted without prior permission of the
original author AND of the Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Each Author is responsible for the content of his/her post.  This
group and its administrators are not responsible for the comments or
opinions expressed in any post.

ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION OR USE IN
ANY MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE
EXPRESS PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT
IS EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS
PROHIBITION WILL BE PROSECUTED.

=
=
=