[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The Good old days on the list

  • From: "myjoygs@xxxxxxx" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "myjoygs@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: hickoryhillgsd1@xxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 07:05:05 -0400 (EDT)

great post

MYJOY SHEPHERDS
Joyce Willis

-----Original Message-----
From: Hickoryhill <hickoryhillgsd1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: showgsd-l <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; edwinx <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wed, May 21, 2014 10:23 pm
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The Good old days on the list

athaleen and I have been friends for years, we didn't start off as friends,
oth of us being of a competitive nature, but in time we came to discover that
hether we agreed or disagreed, we were both passionate about what we believed.
 was happy when she called me and told me she had posted to the list! Couldn't
ait to read it, even though within the first paragraph she had to disagree with
e! LOL! One thing for certain that she and I agree on is that lowering
xpectations never gets desired results. The "coffers" may not prosper, but the
reed will prosper if the standard bar is kept high. I lay some blame at the
oor of the AKC it is evident that they are losing money too.Used to be it took
EARS for a breed to be recognized, now there is a new one nearly every week!
lasses for mixed breeds in performance, and even talk of conformation classes
or mixes. Smells desperate to me. Now think about this. What if the AKC decided
hat before you could
breed an AKC litter you had to prove some knowledge of your breed by either
urchasing and finishing a champion/and or putting a performance title on a dog.
o do so would at least demonstrate some working knowledge of your breed. What a
reat marketing strategy it would be to be able to advertise that breeders of
KC dogs have to demonstrate some knowledge of their breed. What if AKC decided
hat after you had met the first criteria, then every so many years you had to
ither breed a home bred champion/and or put a performance title on a dog of
our breeding, thus proving that you are interested in continuing education.
ake it MEAN something to be a breeder of AKC animals. Sure, there would be many
ho would defect to other registries, but the AKC would be left with  those who
ruly care about their individual  breeds. What a great thing that would be to
arket to the public! This is how I feel about the GSDCA, you want members back?
aise the
standard bar, you might loose some who don't really care, but you might gain
ack a few who really do care and have demonstrated a knowledge of the breed, I
gree with Kathaleen, many of the pictures I see on FB are poor at best. As good
reeders keep defecting, and the numbers it takes for majors keep plummeting,
any dogs will finish that would not have gotten a sniff of a placement ribbon
0 years ago>Although I may not be a GSDCA member anymore, I always felt that a
SDCA board members,  were voted in to be in many ways a guardian of the breed;
eople who would look after the breed's best interest and to ensure that when
our time in the sport was over, that you had left the breed in good hands for
he next generation of exhibitors. I think the pulse of the current membership
s that they do not perceive, that the proposals being made by the Board are in
he breeds best interest and that the Board does not have the breed's best
nterest at heart.
Ture or not perception is everything! Christine
 Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] The Good old days on the list
To: "showgsd-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wednesday, May 21, 2014, 3:25 PM

    When I first joined this list
there were some folks who I respected, not so much for what
they believed , but because they SAID what they
believed..and they had a track record in this
sport.....whether it was popular or not, you knew where they
stood. Probably why I get along with Basu as well as I
do.....Kathaleen Strong has been missed on this list!....She
and a few others call it like they see it!. We now have
folks who talk standard and breed change and the "old"
days...and they're produced NOTHING!!!!...past or
present...and folks continue to respond to them....awhile
back some one referred to them as "trolls".....we have lots
of trolls on the list now......and I respect Kathaleen"s
views on the events of when she was a board member, I was
upset when she resigned....agree with her or not, you know
where she stands...her last name fits her
personality.....tell me who's running for board and I will
tell you the winners before the election.......I promised
not to us
 e the "L" word again.....but you get the picture...or maybe
you don't, and perhaps that's the problem!...good to see you
back Ms. STRONG!...Ed Hill

is Copyrighted 2014.  All material remains the
property of the original author and of GSD Communication,
Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or FORWARDS of any kind are permitted
without prior permission of the original author AND of the

Each Author is responsible for the content of his/her
post.  This group and its administrators are not
responsible for the comments or opinions expressed in any
post.

ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION
OR USE IN ANY MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON
SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO
THE POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN, AND
IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE

http://showgsd.org/mail.html
OST is Copyrighted 2014.  All material remains the property of the original
dministrators are not responsible for the comments or opinions expressed in any
ost.
MANNER
http://showgsd.org/mail.html

http://showgsd.org/mail.html