[ SHOWGSD-L ] The German Shepherd & the Guinea Pigs

  • From: CheradonGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 15:09:00 EST

Hi Lister friends,
This is so cute I have to share.  My daughter has 2 of my dogs. Jerry Lee, 5
yr old male, and Colorado, 3 yr old SPAYED female.  Both are WONDERFUL family
dogs.  I have 5 granddaughters and they also have 3 guinea pigs.  Colorado has
fallen in love with the guinea pigs.  ;-)
She licks them and is very gentle with them when the kids have them out
holding them and playing with them.  The guinea pig cage is sitting up on a
dresser
in one bedroom.  The cage is about 3 or 4 feet long and maybe 1  1/2 ft
high--the cage door is certainly not GSD size.  One day, one of the girls
happened
to walk by the cage and.............................
Colorado was IN the cage, laying down with them, licking them like they were
her babies.!!!!!!!
No one to this day can figure out HOW SHE GOT IN THE CAGE??? specially
without knocking it over or down--and the door is not big enough for her to get
in
and is never left open--but there she was, "mothering" the guinea pigs, happy
as could be.!!  Big German Shepherd smile on her face.
The WONDERS of a German Shepherd dog!!!!!
What is that about them being "versatile" and loving family dogs?  ;-)

Cheri Hunt
Cheradon Shepherds
Home of Ch. Cheradon AchtungErynbrook Molokai, OFA H&E, TH, PA, CA, EYE CERT,
TC,  &  GSDCA Certificate of Health Merit Excellent (AKA Ch. Mikey)  at stud
- Ch. Mikey  and his sister-  Cameo's site