[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The German Shepherd Dog Reviewed Site is no longer being updated

  • From: "Pam Stoesser" <pkstoesser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <suzannejambe@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <GSDShowMan@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 21:00:44 -0600

The GSD fancy should be very, very grateful for the time and effort originally
spent to create this.  Each pedigree was meticulously created from scratch in
the web tools available at the time – a true labor of love for the breed.
However, the GSD Reviewed website has not been updated for quite some time
because it’s antiquated technology makes it increasingly difficult.
The GSDCA.org web team & some other GSDCA members will be working on a project
to replace this website with a newer pedigree product as part of GSDCA.org.
The replacement will be database driven and we anticipate it being much, much
easier to maintain.

The FIRST key to replacing it, however, is to identify the criteria for which
dogs should be included.  A committee has been formed to define that.  It is a
fairly large undertaking.  We anticipate we will be looking for more volunteers
later to help with converting the information on the GSD Reviewed website.

While the committee is working on this in the interim, the old pedigrees are
still available and there are a number of 5-generation US pedigrees on the
Pedigrees database (http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/).

If you have suggestions about the GSD Reviewed replacement, feel free to send
an email to webmaster@xxxxxxxxx to be passed along to the committee.

Pam