[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The Gait in the Ring

  • From: "D.D. and Bonnie Ardoin" <cudjoegsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>, <RChesnut70502@xxxxxxx>, <LEWIEB@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 22:12:40 -0500

Stormy- The problem is that most judges pay lip service to the "loose lead"
term and allow the dogs to be shown on a tight lead and at a breakneck
speed.  If a handler slows down and gives a loose lead under the"lipservice"
judges they do not win.  Unfortunately, only about one out of five judges
actually means "slow, loose lead" when he asks for it in the ring.  And as
Randy and BadBob stated before me, it coats assignments to be in the
minority.  I feel privileged and proud to be in that minority.   D.D.
P.S.  The handlers are not defying the judge when they do not give him a
loose lead(lip service judges) but they will give the judges who mean it a
loose lead when asked.  They know who is sincere and who is not.