[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The GSDC of North Georgia

  • From: Rikers123@xxxxxxx
  • To: Lindabankhead@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 10:39:18 EDT

Thank you Linda for such a glowing compliment on our club and it's members.
And thank you again for judging for us. A few months ago when I was asked  to
step in as President of this new club, I was a bit overwhelmed since I had
never taken on this task before. The members of this club are all very
enthusiastic and hardworking, no matter what they take on. The majority are new
the show world. But what they all have in common is their love of their  dogs
and this breed. A few of our members don't even own German Shepherds
......yet.
I have never seen a group of people who are so eager to learn all  they can
about every aspect of this wonderful breed. We have a motto, which is,  we
don't care what you do with your dog or what quality of dog you have as long
as
you love your dog and do something with him. I want to thank all of our
members yesterday and give them one hell of a pat on the back for the effort
they
put into this match. People came out of their vans and cars yesterday am  and
asked what they could do, how to do it and jumped on it. Our 2  gentlemen who
put up the rings yesterday, had never done it before and put up  with my " can
we have 10 more feet this way and can ya move it over here a bit  more" and
did a great job with big smiles and a yes ma'am. Many members donated  their
time and effort  to make sure that there was plenty of good food and  cold
drinks
for all. Others learned the ropes of the obedience and rally ring  and had a
great time doing it. When it came time to take down and clean up,  everyone
once again asked what they could do to help and it was all cleaned up  and
packed up in no time. I am so proud to be President of this club of people  who
want to learn and work and all get along so well. It is a joy. I'd also like
thank all of the people who drove from South Carolina and south of Atlanta to
support us and bring so many nice dogs to show. We had a very nice entry with
 some very nice quality dogs.

Denise  Groenewald
President German Shepherd Dog Club of North Georgia
SE Regional  Representative for the GSDCA
Responsible Animal Legislation Education Effort  Federation
_www.greenwoodshepherds.com_ (http://www.greenwoodshepherds.com/)
http://www.aol.com.