[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The GSD Show Dog method question

  • From: "Paris-Smith_K9s" <Paris-Smith_k9s@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <izakabuska@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 15:23:55 -0700

There is a harness that is meant for dogs that jump that you can put on them
that make it so they cannot not jump on you like that.  I have a female who
LEAPS at me when she sees me.
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3307+4+640&pcatid=6
40

They look funny but they do work.  We would put it on act as if we were
leaving then come back in and once we would notice them getting ready to
jump we would say off just as the harness stops them from jumping.  That way
they learn the word off too.  I hope this possibly helps.

Tammy Paris-Smith
www.noble-spirit-shepherds.com