[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The Four Seasons

  • From: Cinosam GSD <cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 13:57:19 -0700 (PDT)

In a review a few years ago there was an article in the Review about GSD sled
dogs.  I've always thought that would make good sled dogs because of the smooth
steady gait.  There is a team of standard poodles that raced in either the
Iditorad or Bear Grease...can't remember which.  Just this past weekend at an
all breed show as I was watching my third favorite breed (Pomeranians) in the
ring, I was pondering the idea of getting a bunch of them with little tiny
harnesses and a mini sled and having them pull the cats around....just for fun.

  Cindy

Jessica MacMillan <spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The best part about growing up in snow country were dog sled rides. My mom used
to have a couple of old harnesses and she would hook the grown up dal boys to
one of my kiddie sleds and we would take all the kids (and myself ) for rides
around the neighborhood. I think the more kids laughed, the more the dogs loved
it. They would parade by with their heads up and their tails up... 5 foot sled
full of giggling kids.
I might have to hitch up Simmie to a kid sled and take the two four year old
boys for a ride around the yard. I know she would love it and so would they!

Some friends locally had a dog sled team of dalmatians - they borrowed two of
ours and had 3 of theirs - it was sooo cool and dals are great sled dogs as
long as you can hitch fast so they don't get chilly standing around.

Anyone ever seen a GSD sled dog team?

Jess Mac
Paisley Dals (www.paisleydals.com)
& The Shepherd Girls

Climb to the top of the charts!  Play Star Shuffle:  the word scramble
challenge with star power.

Cindy
www.cinosamgsd.com