[ SHOWGSD-L ] The Facts The Today Show Didn't Tell You

  • From: "Doc Zoe" <wynsum@xxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 17:15:28 -0400

To view this mail in a browser, copy

http://links.mkt2242.com/servlet/MailView?ms=NDkxMjg4NwS2&r=NDIxNjQ4ODk0NDUS1&j=MTUxMTQ1Mzk0S0&mt=1&rt=0
 into your browser.
The Facts The Today Show Didn't Tell You

The AKC is extremely disappointed that The Today Show was given all of the
information below but chose not to include any of it in their segment this
morning. We met with the producers for an hour prior to the taped interview -
which also lasted nearly an hour - and we provided them with supporting
documentation, and they chose only to include less than 1 minute of airtime
for AKC. They disregarded important facts that should have been told. In fact,
we requested to receive a copy of the tape of the entire, unedited interview
with Jeff Rossen so that we could show you all of the information we gave
them, but their lawyers refused to provide the footage to us.

Here are some top facts that The Today Show didn't tell you:

1. They didn't tell you that no other organization does more to protect dogs
than the AKC and that "being the dog's champion" means, among other things,
donating
more than $24 million to canine health research, conducting kennel inspections,
and
offering more educational programs for responsible dog owners than any other
organization.

2. They didn't tell you that when an AKC inspector finds substandard kennel
conditions
they must immediately report it to the appropriate federal, state and local
authorities to take action.

3. They didn't tell you that, in many instances, the highly publicized raids
for which animal rights groups take credit in the media have come about as a
direct result of AKC's reporting to law enforcement.

4. They didn't tell you that less than 5% of AKC's registration revenue comes
from commercial breeders or that the AKC is a not-for-profit organization
whose total revenues are less than the total marketing budget of the HSUS.

5. They  didn't tell you that less than 5% of AKC's registration revenue comes
from  commercial breeders or that the AKC is a not-for-profit organization
whose total  revenues are less than the total marketing budget of the HSUS.

6. They didn't tell you that AKC saw substandard breeders leave the registry
in droves in the mid-1990's when we instituted an inspections program. We
did it anyway, even though it affected our bottom line negatively, because
it was the right thing to do for dogs. And, more breeders left when we began
DNA testing.

7. They didn't tell you that when AKC has concerns with legislation, it
publicly puts legislative alerts on its website where anyone can learn about
how a bill may potentially affect responsible breeders and dog owners' rights
and not do anything to protect dogs.

8. They didn't tell you that AKC works to ensure the enforcement of cruelty
and neglect laws, as well as the provisions of the federal Animal Welfare
Act. As a result, AKC has a productive working relationship with local
animal controls, state and local law enforcement, state departments of
agriculture throughout the country, as well as the USDA.

9. They didn't tell you that AKC is well respected by lawmakers who consider
us credible experts on dog issues, and rely on our thoughtful and considered
advice when it comes to legislation that will impact dogs and their breeders
and owners.

10. They didn't tell you that the purebred  rescue groups they referenced
are actually AKC breed parent club groups and  affiliates that make up the
largest dog rescue group network in the country.

11. They didn't tell you that The Today Show's Natalie Morales made a
TV public service announcement in conjunction with the Ad Council and the HSUS.

Please send  your comments directly to the Producer of the Today Show Don Nash
at don.nash@xxxxxxxxxx mailto:don.nash@xxxxxxxxxx and the
President of NBC News Phil Griffin at phil.griffin@xxxxxxxxxx
 mailto:phil.griffin@xxxxxxxxxx.

Watch the segment on the Today Show website:
http://links.mkt2242.com/ctt?kn=13&ms=NDkxMjg4NwS2&r=NDIxNjQ4ODk0NDUS1&b=2&j=MTUxMTQ1Mzk0S0&mt=1&rt=0

Then go to Rossen Reports
http://links.mkt2242.com/ctt?kn=11&ms=NDkxMjg4NwS2&r=NDIxNjQ4ODk0NDUS1&b=2&j=MTUxMTQ1Mzk0S0&mt=1&rt=0

and Today.com
http://links.mkt2242.com/ctt?kn=14&ms=NDkxMjg4NwS2&r=NDIxNjQ4ODk0NDUS1&b=2&j=MTUxMTQ1Mzk0S0&mt=1&rt=0
 and NBCNews.com
http://links.mkt2242.com/ctt?kn=15&ms=NDkxMjg4NwS2&r=NDIxNjQ4ODk0NDUS1&b=2&j=MTUxMTQ1Mzk0S0&mt=1&rt=0
 to post your comments in
support of AKC and all the responsible dog owners and breeders in this country.