[ SHOWGSD-L ] The Derby

  • From: Edwin Hill <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 May 2008 06:57:34 -0700 (PDT)

   I love the Kentucky Derby!...one of the few times I ever got really mad on
this list was when a lister came on complaining about all the talk about
Barbaro...I wanted to e-mail that person to tell her to get a life!...folks
were expressing their sadness and compassion for a truly magnificent race
horse, much like a few are doing today. As humans we do things for
entertainment or money or sport to the disadvantage of other animals....I'm not
making a moral judgment one way or the other, just stating the facts...as a
matter of fact one day I plan to own a race horse, a few years ago I came
close,but my wife said that I could not have a race horse and show dogs ( yeah
like my show dogs ever do anything...lol) Big Brown is the real deal....to come
off the starting post at position 20 and make up that much ground and win going
away....we may have the first Triple Crown winner in 30 years! I'm
juiced!...one last thing....did you know that 7 or 8 (including the first) of
the
 first 10 Kentucky Derbys were won by black jockeys?...not important but
interesting.....now most black men run for president or play basketball or
teach 4th grade...lol...FB