[ SHOWGSD-L ] The Day After Christmas

  • From: "Pat Lukos" <targa50@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2006 12:57:51 -0500

I'm sure many of you are looking forward to tomorrow and all the sales and
bargains that will be offered after Christmas but Vicki Burkey and I are
looking forward to something a little different.  A few weeks ago we received
an email about a "senior" boy who was scheduled to be euthanized in 2 days and
when we saw his picture we couldn't let it happen.
Since losing our "Calif" last week I seemed to have a "need" to do something
for a senior dog and this boy and his picture just hit me like a ton of bricks.
 We made contact with Mahoning County Pound and on Friday he was tested HW and
lymes negative and tomorrow he is scheduled for his neuter IF they will do
it....yes, he is nothing but a pathetic bag of bones old GSD!!  But, one way or
another he is coming to my house and into a new life (with lots of "groceries"
and TLC) for his remaining years.  I am told he is an absolute love.  So this
is my Christmas present to me....more work but I know I will get much in
return.  Our "angel Calif" has sent him to us.  Updates will follow on "Wylie".

Pat Lukos
Sarava German Shepherds