[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The DM test

  • From: MORGAN LEWIS <shadowland22000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "proudk9@xxxxxxxxx" <proudk9@xxxxxxxxx>, "terrycochran97756@xxxxxxxxx" <terrycochran97756@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 13:04:55 -0800 (PST)

I'm very inclined to agree with Jen About this, just too too inconsistant to be
autosomal recessive.

Morgan  Lewis, RPh.
Member GSDCA
President Last Hope of  Georgia 501c3
"So Much to Do, So Little Time"

On Sunday, December 15, 2013 3:37 PM, Jen Proud <proudk9@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

No DM is Not an auto-immune disorder.
The walk of life nor the bloodlines matter. Very few if any neurological
conditions are immune mediated.
DM is genetic, and I find it hard to believe that OFA packaged it all up as an
autosomal recessive, as I myself believe it is a polygenic (threshold or
recessive I don't know) trait.
JP&P
JayDee's Proud-Haus Shepherds/Proud K911
www.jaydeesphs.com
Committed to the Total Dog you can be Proud of!!!
AKC Breeder of Merit

> On Dec 15, 2013, at 14:30, Terry Cochran <terrycochran97756@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> I ask again ... Is DM an auto immune problem? Does anyone know?
> Terry

is Copyrighted 2012.  All material remains the property of the original author
Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.