[ SHOWGSD-L ] The Conformation Ring

  • From: Sarah Minsk <gsdworkingline@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: DaList List <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 17:40:42 -0400

The biggest thing that bothers me with the conformation ring is that it seems
like every single class I watch...EVERY SINGLE DOG IS SHOWN BY A PROFESSIONAL
HANDLER.

I find this very intimidating. Why don't more owners show like in other breeds?

Will I have a shot if I show myself against the professionals? I don't want to
have a dog just to give it to somebody else to show...that's no fun!!!

A lot of times there is not even that amateur-owner class offered. Would that
mean I would go in Novice? Do Novice class winners ever win the points?

Is it worth it to show myself? Will my dog get the same look if I present it
the same?

Also, how do I teach my dog to trot out in front of me?

Thanks,

any post.