[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The Common Good

  • From: "Norma Ramey" <gsdramey@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <noelwebb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "showgsd-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 14:16:32 -0600

This is sort of OT and I know I'm going to speak up here but it is stuff we
could all try to understand for so many
reasons, We ARE responsible for bringing these wonderful creatures into this
ol' world.  Caution in so many ays
is needed with a level head for the future of each and every one no matter
if they stay with us or go (geaux)!

I feel I must respond to your post below in a "common good" manner with a
deeper understanding of what is what in
our human/animal relationships.    Hey, the vaccines for other ailments that
are not as serious as rabies are also given
to all of our charges to protect them from "stuff"!  In many cases a
spay/neuter situation is important for all involved.
I've always laughed at MEN who have no concern about gelding their stallions
or making steers out of their bulls BUT
when it comes to their best friend - yikes -!  Having said this, I strongly
feel that any dog or cat not "worthy" or for
one reason or another, is not to be bred, needs to be spayed/neutered for
the good of all concerned.  This, in and of
itself being neglected in an incorrect manner, is what IMHO causes a lot of
animals ending in a shelter because they
weren't supposed to have been born to begin with anyway.  Not that it is
always a health matter, but a practical one.
YES,  I'm sure you will agree that there are times - for the health of the
animal - this surgery must be done too.  I'ts the
same with humans as well.      As I say herein, this is how I feel about it
and I've done rescues since I was a teen back
in the 1940s for so many different kinds of beings, I lost count many moons
ago!!  Yes, I do need to sit and begin my
autobio.    Not everyone knows what is best for everyone esle, but it's good
to at least take a look at the situation be-
forehand.    9 out of 10 reasons for this surgery are valid ones.  Nowadays,
it's a lot easier anyway plus a minor bit of
removal of just the sacks for a male isn't horrible.  Recovery is many times
quick for even the females.  I know, I've
seen so many many in all walks of life and many many types of critters!!
Thanks for listening.     Norma no L    D.O.G.