[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The Cat in the Bag, "unfortunate"

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: pmick@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 07:08:41 EDT

In a message dated 8/26/2005 9:47:39 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
pmick@xxxxxxxxx writes:
for PETA  to
make something of it?

I'm not particularly worried.  I am, however, very, very grateful  PETA
hasn't shown up to herding lessons to see all the holes and tears put in  the
sheepies.  Come to think of it, I can think of a few terrier and  hunting dog
events it's a good thing they don't attend as well.

Peggy, you wrote:

 "On top of that, the people with the cat (and yes, I looked at the
pictures and I do know who they are) shouldn't be allowed to own a  cat.
Nothing about this is funny.  It's disgraceful,  embarrassing, and very
worthy of punishment from the AKC...which I assume  and hope will be
forthcoming."

and later you write:

I.... " happen to like all
the people involved in this fiasco",

*********************************

Good thing!  Actually, I'm having trouble reconciling those two  statements,
but maybe after I finish my coffee it'll all make sense.  On  the other hand,
maybe it's not worth the mental masturbation needed to figure  why we always
have to turn on our own.  I doubt I'll reach a satisfactory  conclusion and no
doubt it will be a futile exercise.

I think I'm going to take a lesson from the Brits, who, after a recent case
of mistaken identity, labeled it an "unfortunate incident".  That's  it!  This
is an "unfortunate incident".  I LIKE that phrase and I'm  going to use it
often! For the next week, every time one of my clients is less  than happy,
I'll
just nod and agree that whatever is bothering them is  "unfortunate".  "Yes,
it's unfortunate".  "I agree, it's  unfortunate."  "That certainly is
unfortunate".  It works, and more  importantly, who can argue? What a great
word!!!
God bless the Brits!

Fight nicely everyone <G>.  I'm off on errands.  It's a  beautiful morning:)

Kathy
three generations of Dual Titled Champions  live here!

visit _Pine Hill German Shepherd  Dogs_