[ SHOWGSD-L ] The Bully breeds....

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 22:54:33 EST

In a message dated 12/14/2006 9:46:18 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
There is  one breed, and I don't  remember if it is a Canarios or the
Argentine  fighting dog, whose standard very specifically states that the dog
will  attack.

You might be talking about the Fila.  They are one of the  mastiff breeds.
The standard requires we judge them from a distance and  that they are not
attacked.  They come from Brazil, and it is funny to see  the handler reach
under
them to pull up the testicles, so that the judge can see  them. They are
judged at all three speeds, and are quite a nice breed, but not  for strangers.

They were bred to protect their owners from their slaves.

I was talking to an exhibitor at one of the ARBA shows, and petting her dog
as we talked. I asked what the breed was, and she said it was a Fila. I looked
 at her, and she laughed and said, they aren't as dangerous as they used to
be.

Actually quite a nice dog, but with that temperament in the standard, they
will never be an AKC dog.  The standard calls for them to be aggressive to
anyone other than their owners.  No handlers allowed.

There is something wrong with that.

Evan
_Asgard German  Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement  and Temperament come together