[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The Bully breeds....

  • From: Edwin Hill <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx, freelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 18:08:01 -0800 (PST)

truly amazing what one learns on this list.....Ed Hill
Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:   Jamie - You not only live in a state that
countenances cock fighting, but in a city with a terrible anti dog
law.............
and yes, the huge Molossos dogs are the dogs of choice for those who have moved
beyond pits.

    Here in Virginia, we do have dog fighting rings, but they are illegal and
if caught, people are arrested.  (Maryland, too)  As for cockfights, I've yet
to hear of any of those being found, but there are many people in the area who
raise fighting cocks...you can see them in their little huts (the birds, not
the people) on certain roads over in the Shenandoah Valley......also I used to
have a neighbor who raised them.  We turned that guy in, of course.......I hate
to say anything that could be considered racist or whatever, but wherever you
have people from certain countries (one big one south of us), you are going to
have cock fights...it has always been part of their social life...
 Peggy

Windwalkergsds@xxxxxx wrote:
  In a message dated 12/14/2006 10:45:31 AM Mountain Standard Time,
nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
  My fear is that the Machos that want the fighting Pit Bulls
will turn to these big (130 lbs) monsters in lieu of the Pit Bull type of
dog when the Pit Bull is outlawed in some cities or when there are such
costly licenses to own a Pit Bull

Nancy, that is EXACTLY what is going to happen.  There are many around here who
are crossing the pit bulls with great danes.  These kinds of people aren't
going to let a little thing like breed legislation get in their way.  And guess
who suffers the most?  As always, it's the responsible folks and the poor
animals who get to pay the consequences for the dregs of humanity.
   Living in a state that turns a blind eye to cock-fighting, etc., I can
really get on a band wagon about this....sorry.
    Jamie

6:13 PM