[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The Board Meeting

  • From: "" <hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Kathaleen Strong" <listmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 13:16:14 -0500

Kathaleen, I agree and disagree with your post. On one hand I think the
lawsuit should be dropped. The recording secretary got re-elected, if some
feel she wasn't doing her job to the best of her ability, now she has
another chance to either prove or disprove her critics. I feel it is a bit
of a conflict of interest to sue the organization whose Board you are
sitting on, that is if you are going to remain on the Board, but that is
just my opinion.The membership spoke, she got overwhelmingly re-elected,
end of story. In my opinion, getting re-elected is the biggest vindication.
On the other hand, allegedly some violated the by-laws which in turn
jeopardized the club, specifically in regard to the Hunte issue.They
received no disciple for failure to execute their job correctly. Word on
the street at the National, was Hunte received some type of compensation.
If this is factual, the burning question would be where did the
compensation come from? With that said, some of the alleged violators will
no longer be on the Board, so that takes care of that. We have a new mix of
Board members, some on one side, some on the other and some who have never
served on the Board. It should be a nice system of checks and balances.

.Publicly, you have touted yourself as being a "by the book, rule
follower", this stand is what I feel got you elected.For the most part I
believe this is true.Most remember that you went off the deep end about
"election-gate" because the by-laws weren't followed, however now it would
seem that we might be changing horses in the middle of the stream so to
speak.Your statement "Others have violated by-laws in the past and weren't
sued" is correct, however if I remember accurately I don't remember you
lamenting about the "love of the breed," during election -gate, but instead
you very vocally and   strongly advocated disciplinary action for the
violators and were extremely disillusioned when nothing was done. However
the tone of your below post gives the perception that violating the by-laws
has been done before, no big deal. So I ask, what exactly is your position,
now? Or does that depend on who the violators are? I would certainly hope
not, we have just come out of several years of that type of nonsense, and
most are sick of it.
 Finally, I would hope that with this one year you have to serve, that you
could arbitrate fairly without taking sides before your first Board
meeting.I am telling you this as your friend as I would hate for you to
commit political suicide, before your first board meeting. I would also
hope that you will act as your own person and not a "bobble-head" or
"puppet" as you have accused many of being, in the past. Regards, Christine

hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Steve and Christine Grainger
WWW.HICKORYHILLGSD.COM