[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The Board Meeting

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 18:33:34 EDT

In a message dated 10/24/07 12:58:48 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
tsaligsds@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
And if  there is a judgement against the club???  Where do you suppose the
money  will come from??  Who built the GSD coffers??  THE MEMBERSHIP!   As a
member that money is as much mine as yours.  OUR money will go to  pay if a
judgement is awarded.  OUR MONEY - as in mine and yours.   So, my name is not
listed on any document.  If the club looses money, WE,  the membership, lose
the
money and the events, education, and other  things suppoted by OUR money.  And
replacement money will come from MY  pocket as well as other members.   So,
don't tell me that I'm  protected.  The suits are against MY club!

The insurance has to pay any judgment. Not the club. If the  individuals who
were sued had been found to do an intentional act, only they  would be held
liable. But, now the board has agreed to indemnify them, (now for  that the
club
might be liable).  I don't know if the insurance company will  go along with
the board's decision, probably not.

Before the board agreed to do that, the club had no chance of any exposure,
and only the insurance company and the individuals sued would be liable.

I doubt Margy will do anything to harm the club, and I am sure she will
figure out a way not to cause liability to the members.

Evan_  Asgard German Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type  Movement and Temperament come together