[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The Benefits of a "Working Class". Dogs and people.

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: marcatoshepherds@xxxxxxxxx, Showgsd <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 09:54:01 -0800 (PST)

Thank You Jackie!!!! I was sitting here with duct tape on my hands. :0) It
amazes me that the conformation folks think so little of the performance folks
!!!!!! Good Lord get over yourselves. :0) I was asked one time why not go to a
good American line dog to improve working ability. My response was for the same
reason they didn't go to a German line to improve front reach. You can find
both
things in both lines but because they are not the measure looked for in each
ring you are going to have a harder time finding it. It could be a class where
you wouldn't see dragging toes, dogs that are as long as freight trains,egg
beater rears and fronts so wide you could drive a bus through the front legs.
That I would agree with.
Ok now beat me up :0)
Terry hiding under the bed!
Er, I hate to be a "downer", but while I'm completely on board for a working
dog class at the national, it does seem a little presumptuous that the
"Working dog fancy" needs to be educated.
Now, when you say working dog folks, I'm not sure if you mean all
performance exhibitors, but there's performance dogs and there are the
working line dogs (which are not the same as the West German Show Lines).
The working line people certainly consider structure in their breedings, but
not in the same manner that conformation exhibitors do.

I would appreciate clarification though, if you can give it.
--
Jackie & Jonathan Nguyen Marcato German
Shepherds<http://www.marcatogermanshepherds.com>

is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the original

any
post.

MANNER
ALL